Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The things we do for...Starbucks?

This morning I arrived 30 mins early to my temp job and I knew there was a Starbucks nearby. So I pulled up the location on the GPS and it directed me to the Hershey Medical Cancer Center. I asked a gentleman walking by if he knew where the Starbucks was and it was inside the building. So, I parked the car in a garage, walked 5 mins in the rain to get into the building. Then it took me an other 5 mins to find the Starbucks in the maze of a hospital. As I ordered my Grande 2pump Vanilla Soy Latte with Protein and looked around me. I saw plenty of doctors in their scrubs, jackets and skin-tight caps and people with boot casts on...and here I am...ordering a latte. Another 5 mins went by and grabbed my latte and started the trek back to the car pondering two things:

Should i have stepped out of line and let the doctors go first? What if I was late to my job for that, would it be worth it?

And...what great lengths we go to for our love of Starbucks... This could almost be a commercial..."what would you do for a Starbucks.." or "how far would you drive for a Starbucks"

No comments:

Post a Comment