Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Changing lives

So I know that it has been crazy long since I have last blogged, and I also know that it's 3 in the morning...which often seems like the best time to blog...so here we go:

I just got finished watching the movie, The Butterfly Effect, and I'm left with an instruction: help raise people in a way that will benefit their growth. I'm not going to spoil the movie, but at the end I got a picture of how dramatically different someone's life can be, determined by the influence surrounding their upbringing. And if this is true, why do we, the messengers of light, ie. the church, mess up and not change our mistakes. Why do we let our mistakes that break people, continue to linger and continue to keep people broken. If we truly are people who have the very spirit of God dwelling within us - why don't we heal people - even if they are wounded from our own mistakes. And as I sit here writing this, conviction hits my heart; I think of situations where I had a chance to bring a piece of healing to someone, and I didn't because it inconvenienced me, or I simply didn't know what to do.....what a great excuse - I'm sure Jesus is encouraging my inaction. Is it time for us (those who have decided to follow Jesus), for James Hauptman, to act and impact people's lives so that their lives can be dramatically changed - from darkness and into the light....
will you join me?

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you James...I know that God is pursueing people with a vengence, and that it is those healing opportunities, those touching the heart opportunities, that God uses to reach the heart of people. So keep your heart open to that...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lalala........lalala.......




    indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a cool voyage to be on... just so you know.. you're doing a great job at it!

    ReplyDelete