Saturday, February 18, 2006

meaning

do you ever find yourself in one of the surreal moments when you see the value, the beauty of life? When for a moment you can see the things that truly matter. And then the realization hits home as to how much of life happens with little meaning, how much energy, time, and passion gets squandered away on things that simply don't matter. I know for me, this happens by default. Unless I see it; I don't realize it. Unless I am passionate enough after seeing it; nothing get accomplished. Tonight I am challenged while I read through some blogs of people that I have not seen in a while, and that I miss. I am challenged by their perspective of meaning - it is something I need to learn how to take advantage of. I am reminded of an popular saying of my youth...
capie diem.......................................................

g'night

"Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier." 2 Tim 2:3-4

10 comments:

  1. haha, did you like the comments? lol. i like the post...and the pic is funny too.

    see you tonight, i'm playing too tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all... way to update..

    ok on a serious note...THANKS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw... cool saying... i think i may adapt that to life a little more often...

    ReplyDelete
  4. as metallica would say....
    carpe diem, baby

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hola, ¿como estas?

    just decided to comment....so this is my comment. : )


    HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY ACTUAL BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! lol.


    have a good time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you should read my lastest blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think you should read my lastest blog...

    ReplyDelete