Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Tag on my last post

I just finished watching "Kingdom of Heaven" which is a really good movie. And I just wanted to tag on my last post about being a voicepiece for God. In the movie, men on both sides were continuously seen claiming "God wills it" to support their own agenda (in this case, propagating war against their enemy). But isn't that the very opposite of what it truly means to be a voice for God, speaking your own mind, especially in the name of God. So I guess to say is, there is such a high responsibility for speaking for God that cannot be forgotten or undermined. Because, we will be held responsible for the things we say/do not say; do/do not do. So maybe if nothing else, it's a reminder that every aspect of the Christian life may be the only God that people see; with how much care must we give that, and in fact, our everyday lives...and not in a burdensome way; but in a way, where we realize that our life is not our own to live as we choose anymore; but it solely to glorify God, and that includes a whole heck of a lot of hanging out, having fun, and relaxing; not just praying and going to church...

3 comments:

  1. Someone whom I would consider a pretty awesome man of GOD once said to me.... "If you say, 'God said' or 'thus saith the Lord' you better be sure, especially if I am the one who is gonna have to clean it up after." Ok so he was serious on the first part, and I think I kinda took that to heart and I think we all should... don't say God said unless you truely feel like He did... b/c other wise you're messin it up and when He truely does speak its gonna be like the boy who cried wolf and no one is going to believe it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true Kat; good point on the 'who who cryed wolf analogy'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.. seriously, I think there are about 4 or 5 people who challenge the way I think and its really cool because sometimes I don't even realize that I have an opinion on certain topics.... so thanks for challenging my thoughts and challeging me to think in general.

    ReplyDelete