Wednesday, August 10, 2005

The Beauty of Simplicity

The past few days Iv'e been bumming. I haven't been able to put my finger on it...till today. A friend asked me last night if I'd been reading my Bible and praying, and the answer was yes; but i still felt lacking. So today i went for a run/walk, mostly just to spend time with God. And then it hit me AGAIN. It's so easy to just read/pray and miss the whole point. God is so eager just to spend time with each of us, and we can miss that if we just read/pray and go on with our day. And I realized that i need to get this habit down now, because when school starts, it's going to be much more difficult to continue this simple love for God. It's easy to forget that God isn't impressed with how often we pray, read the bible, heal the sick and the lame, or even tell others about Jesus; but that He is impressed with a heart that is so turned to His. I love the idea of overflow; a heart that turns to God HAS to go do those things, but the difference is made in the overflow....the overflow of God's heart in ours

5 comments:

  1. I think it is awesome that God teaches each one of us lessons which we are going to need in the future and even now to influence others. In the next few months the lessons which you are learning right now about spending time with God are totally going to be something that you will need. I think it is so cool that what God is doing in and through you are things that He can and will use to reach and teach others. It is so cool to know that God who is so big and so powerful and so awesome cares for each one of us enough to teach us even little things. Thanks for being open and making it possible vor I too to learn from what God is showing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James! It's Nicole,kat's friend. Just wanted to say hi :) Hope you are enjoying the very last bit of summer before everything school-ish starts up again!! See ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesome today! It was really cool how GOD used you! Thanks for being willing to let HIM speak through you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that, "The overflow of God's heart into ours." I think it is easy to slip into the habbit of "reading" and having intimate time with God...thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete